Graphites – Lead
The chief affinities of Graphites are the nutrition, circulation, skin, mucous membranes and glands.
Best known for its action on the skin, Graphites has traditionally been used for eczema and skin conditions in which every injury and eruption tends to fester and suppurate. The skin may be crusty, cracked and excoriated, particularly in the folds of the skin, the corners of the eyes, mouth and nostrils, on the nipples and fingertips and around the anus. Generally unhealthy, the skin is itchy and tends to become thick, hard and lumpy. The finger and toe nails, too, tend to grow thick, hard, lumpy and out of shape.
Graphites is prone to digestive troubles. The abdomen may feel hardened distended, requiring the patient to lose their clothing. There are constrictive pains, and chronic diarrhoea of undigested and offensive liquid stools or, conversely, constipation with large, knotty stools. There may be painful colic preceding offensive flatulence, or nausea and vomiting after each meal. Think of Graphites also in cases of morning sickness during menstruation.
- Unhealthy skin, every injury tends to fester and suppurate
- Eruptions ooze sticky discharges
- Burning and numb sensations
- Chilly and often overweight patients
- Dull mind, with difficultly concentrating, the patient is irresolute and full of doubts and worries
- Profuse vaginal discharge, gushing and frequently excoriating
- Itching of the genitals before menses
- Gluey discharge from the penis
- Morning sickness during menstruation
- Better after walking in open air, eating, touch, belching, in the dark, from wrapping up; worse for cold, drafts, light, fats, hot drinks, scratching, exertion, warmth, at night, during and after menstruation