Around 250 pillules in each 10g, amber glass bottle. Expiry date: 5 years.
Calcarea Carbonica- Carbonate of Lime
Made from the middle layer of an oyster’s shell, the Calc. Carb. individual often exhibits the traits one might observe in this reclusive creature: a reluctance to “put oneself out there”, a need for security, a tendency to close off and a desire to be at home, safely inside the protective shell.
Calcarea Carbonica is useful at times of major developmental change, with a generalised slowness of development, assimilation (impaired nutrition) and elimination (constipation).
This is a slow-moving remedy. Think of it for babies and children who are slow to develop: the fontanelles are slow to close; the teeth are late to appear; crawling, walking and talking are all delayed. Comprehension is slow, which may lead the child to become sad, weepy or unresponsive,”clamming up” in an attempt to mask their inner anxiety.
The Calc-carb. child lacks stamina and tends to have low muscle tone; minor exertion can leave them breathless. They may sit and watch other children play rather than engaging with them and joining in their games.
- Difficult and delayed teething
- Slow to reach developmental milestones
- Chilly and tending towards flabbiness
- Fearful and anxious; fear of animals, insects, spiders
- Lacking stamina
- Craves eggs
- Sour discharges, especially perspiration of the scalp
- Difficulty in assimilating – food (especially milk), information, instructions
- Worse for exertion (mental or physical), cold in any form, washing, wet weather, milk, heights; better for dry weather, lying on the painful side