Around 250 pillules in each 10g, amber glass bottle. Expiry date: 5 years.
Ipecacuanha – Ipecac Root
Ipecac. is characterised by constant nausea which persists even after vomiting. The remedy has an affinity for the mucous membranes, stomach, respiratory organs and nerves, with spasmodic irritation in the stomach and chest.
The Ipecac. cough is marked in its intensity: it is dry, convulsive and suffocative, with choking and gagging. The patient stiffens and becomes pale or blue; there may be great nausea and vomiting.
Think of this remedy for any situation in which there is constant and continual nausea. Ipecac. can be of tremendous use during pregnancy in the treatment of morning sickness and can also be an excellent remedy for postpartum haemorrhage, with profuse flow of bright red blood, accompanied by constant nausea.
- Constant nausea not relieved by vomiting
- Clean tongue, profuse saliva
- Morning sickness
- Bright red, profuse haemorrhages
- Cutting pains around the navel
- Stool frothy, greenish, slimy
- Shortness of breath from constriction in the chest
- Spasmodic respiratory symptoms
- Violent cough with every breath; suffocative cough with gagging; croup;
- Better for open air. Worse for warmth, damp, overeating, periodically, motion, stooping