Around 250 pillules in each 10g, amber glass bottle. Expiry date: 5 years.
Bryonia Alba – Wild Hops
Bryonia primarily affects the serous membranes and the viscera they contain (the meninges of the brain & spinal cord; the pleura of the lungs; and the pericardium of the heart), along with the circulation, joints, nerves and muscles.
The key word for Bryonia is DRY: this remedy has tremendous dryness of all mucous membranes, along with dry coughs and painful stiffness of the joints (as though dry, or not properly lubricated).
All symptoms are worse for the least motion, requiring the patient to lie absolutely still. The extreme dryness of the alimentary tract leads to a great thirst for large quantities of liquid, at long intervals (in contrast to the frequent sips desired by Arsenicum).
The pains of Bryonia are stitching, bursting and throbbing. There may be heavy, crushing headaches which are worse for moving the eyes, coughing, or any motion.
Bryonia’s symptoms are worse for motion, and in the morning on rising; better for rest and for firm pressure.
- Dry, hard, painful cough, worse for eating or drinking
- All symptoms are worse for any movement
- Irritable and unpleasant from pain, wants to be left alone
- Slow progression of illness
- Bursting, dull, throbbing headache
- Mastitis when the breast is stony hard and pale red, hot, worse for motion (needs to hold the breast when moving)