Around 250 pillules in each 10g, amber glass bottle. Expiry date: 5 years.
Antimonium Tartaricum – Tartar Emetic
Ant. Tart. has a particular affinity for the mucous membranes, bronchi, lungs and circulation and is most commonly used for the treatment of respiratory diseases.
Think of this remedy when the patient has a loud, rattling cough (“death rattle”), with a chest full of mucous but scanty expectoration. The breathing may be laboured, requiring the patient to sit upright, with simultaneous coughing and gasping.
There is great debility and weakness; the child clings to others, wants to be carried but conversely cannot bear to be touched. There may be forcible vomiting followed by exhaustion; the tongue may be thickly coated white with reddened edges and papillae.
During birth, Ant-tart. may be used to revive the pale, breathless and gasping newborn child.
- Affects the mucous membranes, bronchi, lungs & circulation
- Respiratory diseases
- Death rattle cough, asphyxia, gasping and wheezing
- Chest full of mucous but scanty expectoration
- Cannot bear to be touched and wants to be left alone
- Worse for heat or warm room
- Thickly coated white tongue with reddened edges and papillae